The Coastal Health District will hold a COVID-19 vaccination event on Wednesday, March 10th at Howard Coffin Park at 1402 Sonny Miller Way in Brunswick. Appointments will be available after hours to accommodate educators, school staff, childcare workers.
According to the new phase of eligibility that begins in Georgia on March 8th, the following individuals will be eligible for vaccination at this clinic:
- Educators and school staff in pre-K through 12th grade (public and private school),
- Employees of early childcare facilities,
- Adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities and their caregivers,
- Parents of children with complex medical conditions,
- Healthcare workers,
- Emergency first responders,
- Adults age 65 and older and their caregivers,
- Staff and residents of long-term care facilities, and
- Funeral home workers who come into direct contact with the deceased.
You must be a Georgia resident or employed in Georgia to be vaccinated, but you do not have to reside in Glynn County. The event is open to any qualifying Georgian. If you have health insurance, the policy will be billed, but there is no out-of-pocket cost for vaccination and insurance is not required.
The clinic will utilize Pfizer vaccine, and all who are vaccinated at this event will return in three weeks for the second shot in the two-dose series. Please remember to dress in short sleeves to facilitate vaccination. To avoid crowding at the event, please do not arrive early for your appointment.