A McIntosh County resident has tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently recovering at home. This is the first confirmed case in a resident of McIntosh County.
An updated count of confirmed cases throughout the state will be available at noon today on the state Department of Public Health website. Case numbers for the 8 counties of the Coastal Health District will also be posted on our Coastal Health District COVID-19 web page.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
For additional information about proper cleaning and disinfecting, visit the CDC at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html.