The Coastal Health District is adjusting the COVID-19 testing schedule in Bryan, Camden, Effingham, Liberty, Long, and McIntosh Counties as demand increases for other public health services, including flu vaccinations.
“We’ve seen a decline in COVID-19 testing numbers in our district, and the same is true statewide,” said Dr. Lawton Davis, Health Director of the Coastal Health District. “Even with a reduced schedule, we can meet the current demand. And if testing demand increases in the future, we’ll adjust accordingly.”
Beginning October 12, the following counties will offer this revised schedule for COVID-19 testing by appointment:
- Bryan County: Tuesdays in Richmond Hill; Fridays in Pembroke from 8 a.m. – 12 noon
- Camden County: Tuesdays 8 a.m. – 12 noon
- Effingham County: Fridays 8 a.m. – 12 noon
- Liberty County: Wednesdays 8 a.m. – 12 noon
- Long County: Tuesdays 8 a.m. – 12 noon
- McIntosh County: Tuesdays 8 a.m. – 12 noon
You have two options for scheduling an appointment for free COVID-19 testing through public health. To schedule an appointment online, go to covid19.dph.ga.gov, or to schedule by phone call our COVID-19 Testing Call Center at 912-230-9744. The call center is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. – 12 noon.
Click here for more details about testing locations, and for a list of free COVID-19 testing options in other counties of the Coastal Health District.