Looking for a career in public health in beautiful coastal Georgia? Check out our job opportunities below. We offer a generous benefits package that includes 12 paid holidays, an employee retirement plan, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance. The Coastal Health District is committed to preventing disease, injury, and disability; promoting health and well being; and preparing for and responding to disasters. We are dedicated to improving the the health and well being of residents in our eight-county area every single day. If you have that same level of commitment, then consider joining our team!
The Coastal Health District has the following positions open. To be considered for an interview, you must apply online by going to https://dph.georgia.gov/applicant-login. There you’ll find a list of vacancies along with job descriptions and application instructions.
Only those who apply through the website will be considered for interviews. Positions may close once there is a satisfactory applicant pool. To find more about the positions listed below, click HERE.
Coastal Health District Open Jobs
- PH Nurse 1 or 2, Chatham County Health Department (Savannah)
- Nurse Practitioner 2 or 3, Chatham County Health Department (Savannah)
- PH LPN 1, Chatham County Health Department (Savannah)
- PH LPN 2, Chatham CARE Center (Savannah)
- Social Svcs Tech 1, Chatham CARE Center (Savannah)
- PH LPN 2, Glynn CARE Center (Brunswick)
- PH Registered Nurse 3, Glynn CARE Center (Brunswick)
- Health Aide, Glynn County Health Department (Brunswick)
- Admin Assistant, BCW (Babies Can’t Wait), Savannah
- Men’s HIV Outreach Specialist
- Systems Administrator 2, Brunswick District Office
Click Here to Apply for an Internship
Important Things to Consider when Applying for an Internship with the Coastal Health District:
- Your Availability: some programs prefer interns/students for specific times of day or days per week. You should also take into account any jobs or other activities you are involved in. Generally, most of our positions would be based in buildings that are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.with some differences based on program or location.
- Location: The Coastal Health District covers eight counties. When applying for an internship please indicate if you would be available to go to a county other than the one in which you live.
- Your Flexibility: In general, the more open you are to working with various programs, the greater the likelihood we can accommodate your experience.
- Staff Availability: Program staff are often involved in multiple programs and projects at any given time. Please remember that they may or may not be able to take on a student at the time you are ready to begin your field experience.
- Some programs prefer short-term projects (such as undergraduate practicum students), while others prefer undergraduate interns for long-term projects.
- Some staff members will only take MPH students.
- Semester: In general, fall and spring semesters are best–we are less likely to have projects for students during summer semester.
- Staff Changes: Note that your acceptance is usually based on a specific staff member agreeing to be your supervisor. If that staff member leaves or changes positions, we will try to find an alternative but there is a possibility that we may have to postpone or retract our agreement to be your field placement location.
- If you join the Coastal Health District team as an intern, you will be expected to abide by all Coastal Health District policies and procedures.